Wednesday 9 September 2009

Book Review : My Sister's Keeper

I m proudly to say that i finished My Sister's Keeper(okie, i procrastinated to read this book cuz i m catching up with dramas lately :P).This novel is one of the bestseller in local now !! What a touching story i ever read !! :)


Well, dont think i read alot, my frens. I may seem buying a lot of books but i only read quarter of them...HAhaha..u can call me Bookaholic as i do buy lots of books when i m in the mood... :P

Too bad, i m not really satisfied with the ending...Very unbelievable ! Life is short. :(

In the story, Kate was diagnosed with APL (acute progranulocytic leukemia) since she was 2 and Anna was a designed genetically to save her elder sis. The day she was born ,she had to donate genetic material like blood and bone marrow. When she was 13, she sued her parents for medical emancipation when she have to donate a kidney to Kate.........................

Well, i should say . I m lucky that i dont need bone marrow from my sister. But , i truly understand how Kate feel. The pain of the chemotherapy which i wont forget in my life and the lesson i learnt from life.Besides, i experienced a surgery which i might not wake up in short time and will goin into ICU ward(i made it through anyway). Although Kate's disease are rare and much more painer, i understand how this character feel. I even was touched by this book and my tears drop for few times.

In the hospital, most of the patients were diagnosed with AML (acute myelogenous leukemia). I had been admitted to the hospital for few times and i had seen a lot of Leukemia patients.I saw them vomit blood, i heard them screaming, i saw someone dying and i saw their determination to keep moving on. They at least have to stay in hospital for a month for each treatments and no goin out for a year.I feel sorry for them and i really impressed with their brave-ness. I may dont like hospital, but i think it is a good place to learn a lot of things. You would experience more than you experience in school .

To the people out there, dont think we are weirdo. We are bald but we are beautiful. Dont stare at us , pleaseeeeee !! I would be thankful if avone of u being considerable to us . ;)

Be satisfy with your life when u r still healthy. Spend more time with your family. Dont do anything in rush or else you miss the good view of your life.We should enjoy the process of studying while we still have the chance.I should choose a job that i truly like and helping the community not because of the money that i ll be earning in the future. Money is not the most important thing in our life.

I m really wanting to watch My sister's Keeper movie which i have no idea why they are not or haven release in local... T_T Watch the trailer and get a piece of tissue if u r touch by the trailer...HEHE...




No comments: